Featured Posts

Monday, March 8, 2010

Contact Information for Travelers to Surigao Del Norte

I had a pleasant morning today as I was able to obtain really helpful information from the Provincial Tourism Office of Surigao del Norte. This is the second time I called this office and my experience had been very positive.

I've been interested in information related to Sohoton Cove, Siargao, Bucas Grande, Socorro, Claver, boat rides, Lipata Ferry Port and Surigao City accommodations.

As an avid traveler and good citizen, I feel it's my duty to share the information that I obtained from various sources. Often, the contact numbers one gets from websites that are not regularly updated (especially static ones) are not functional, and so it's quite frustrating.

The numbers below can help you get information that are not readily available in the internet:

PROVINCIAL TOURISM OFFICE: (+63) 86-2319271 Romy & Chat were really helpful

SURIGAO CITY TOURISM OFFICE: (+63) 86-8268064

LIPATA PORT (for ferry schedule, etc.): (+63) 921-5905210

SOHOTON COVE PARK: (+63) 939-4235793 c/o Dodo

SOCORRO MUNICIPALITY WEBSITE: www.socorro.gov.ph

SOCORRO TOURIST ASSISTANCE: (+63) 919-9686796 c/o Lyka

These are the numbers that are functional at the time of writing. Please let me know if you encounter any problem, so I can try to update/correct the information.

I will be posting more travel information when I have personally verified the contact numbers. I am also accumulating information about accommodations that are not easily obtainable from existing websites.

As of this writing, only one ferry (of three) is servicing the Lipata, Surigao del Norte - Liloan, Southern Leyte route. The other two are dry-docked for regular maintenance in preparation for the peak travel season during summer.

Note: +63 is the country code for the Philippines
86 is the area code for Surigao del Norte
three digit area codes starting with '9' are mobile phone numbers





Bookmark and Share




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Contact Information for Travelers to Surigao Del Norte"

Post a Comment